Clay Police Department was approved to purchase a new Taser. The taser will be purchased from Axxon Enterprise located in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was quoted at $3,450.07, and will include replacement carts for five years, two years’ worth of training carts, and a five-year warranty.
A former Lyon Count Middle School teacher will serve 10 years in federal prison, followed by 10 years of supervised release, for attempting to possess child pornography, acting U.S. Attorney Michael A. Bennett announced last Wednesday.
The city of Dixon has voted and passed a proposal to have a Christmas decorating contest for all the residents and businesses in the city of Dixon. Participants will be judged by a selection of non-local judges. Prizes will be made up of gift certificates to different local establishments to…
Every Wednesday and Thursday is Story Time in Webster County and it has been since 1973.
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
For the fourth year in a row, the Webster County girls’ cross-country team finished on the podium in the Class AA First Region meet when they claimed 2nd Saturday in Cadiz.
Periods of intense rain and a big-play Trigg County offense put a damper on Webster County football homecoming Friday, as the visiting Wildcats took a 70-26 win in the Trojans’ 1st District opener.
The Lady Trojans (3-10-1) soccer season came to an end on Monday night in a lopsided 10-0 loss to the defending region champions, Madisonville North Hopkins (15-5-1), on the Lady Maroons’ home pitch.
Webster County’s cross country teams ran one last meet before the postseason Saturday, competing in the Davies County Classic in Owensboro.
- Montana State’s Troy Andersen has intriguing future in NFL
- Sipple blog: Jurgens, key component in Frost's offense, seriously considering jump to NFL
- Shooting stars Pickett, Hartman to clash in ACC title game
- Abrams announces 2022 run for Georgia governor
- Editorial Roundup: Kentucky
- Ski Report
- Ski Report
- Thanksgiving football, Big 10 rivalry game score in ratings
- In debut as Falcons' punter, Thomas Morstead wins NFC special teams player of the week
- 3 Saints starters questionable for game vs. Cowboys, 3 others ruled out