After a very successful first year, The Journal-Enterprise is kicking off its Readers’ Choice Awards for the second time this week. Voting is open from today through noon on May 26, and you will find your ballot at the back of today’s paper.
“Webster County is a special place with a lot to offer,” said Matt Hughes, editor of the J-E. “This competition gives our readers a chance to vote for their favorite businesses in most categories to make sure that those businesses are recognized for their excellence.”
The Readers’ Choice ballot will run in the paper each week for the next five week. In order to vote, all you have to do is fill out that ballot and return it to the newspaper. You can either drop your completed ballot in the mailbox on the front door of the J-E office in Providence, or send it to our sales staff by mailing it to “The Journal-Enterprise c/o The Messenger, 221 South Main Street, Madisonville, KY 42431.”
“Some of the 2021 results were surprising,” said Hughes. “A number of our businesses have some very dedicated customers.”
The rules for the contest are simple:
• Only ballots from the newspaper will be accepted. No photocopies.
• Businesses must be located in Webster County. Individuals, such as teacher, nurses or doctors, must either work in Webster County or live in Webster County.
• At least 10 categories must be filled in.
• All ballots must include name and phone number of the person casting the votes.
• There is a maximum of 10 ballots per individual.
• Ballots must be received by noon on May 26.